The mission of the Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS) is to bring researchers from across the world in schizophrenia and other related disorders together to:
- Exchange the latest advances in research and facilitate the applications and these findings to clinical practice.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration in research.
- Promote educational programs to effectively disseminate new research findings related to schizophrenia, both in the scientific community and to the lay public.
- Encourage publication of research.
- Increase the public understanding of the personal, familial and societal impact of schizophrenia.
- Support increased research funding for schizophrenia research around the world.
- Promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and its application in clinical psychiatric practice.
Your membership in the Schizophrenia International Research Society affords you:
- Electronic subscription for Schizophrenia Research
- Electronic and print subscription for Schizophrenia Bulletin
- Weekly emails with advanced online publications
- Reduced Registration Fees for Society Sponsored Congresses
- Meeting includes: Schizophrenia International Research Society Conference - 5-9 April 2014, Florence, Italy and Schizophrenia International Research Society Regional Meetings
- Committee Membership Opportunities
- Quarterly Newsletters
Membership in SIRS is limited to those who have a professional interest in research relevant to schizophrenia. Student/Trainee memberships are available for individuals at any level of training. All new applicants must submit a Curriculum Vitae which includes citations for a minimum of two published articles in the field of schizophrenia research. Full member new applicants must submit a letter of recommendation from a current member and student applicants must submit a letter from the student’s immediate supervisor verifying his/her student status in a relevant field. Full member applicants who are unable to obtain a letter of recommendation from a current member may contact the SIRS Executive Office for assistance. The Executive office will provide a list of members in the geographic region of the applicant. If there are no existing members in the geographic region of the applicants, a letter from a supervisor will be accepted and further evaluation by the Membership Committee will be conducted.