Travel Award Submissions Information:
- Submissions are closed for the 2019 Congress.
- To apply for a Travel Award, please log-in to submissions and select, “Start a New Scientific Submission” > “Poster/Oral Presentation”.
- NOTE: Previous Travel Award recipients are not eligible to apply.
- All applications are reviewed by the Education Committee. Notifications of acceptance or otherwise will be emailed to the applicant in mid-January 2019.
The Travel Award program is intended to sponsor individuals who have, through their research, teaching or clinical activities, demonstrated a professional and scientific interest in the field of schizophrenia research. Candidates must indicate their interest in schizophrenia research and, if possible, provide evidence of continuing and future involvement and activity in the field.
Individuals must be graduate students, residents, fellows, or new/young faculty members who have completed their last training within 5 years. Candidates who are members of an ethnic minority group underrepresented in biomedical science areas are strongly encouraged to apply.
Awardees are required to submit a poster/oral presentation abstract. It is the belief of the Society that the opportunity to attend its scientific meeting will stimulate the interest of young scientists in schizophrenia research by affording them the opportunity to attend an outstanding scientific program in clinical and basic research. The program will also allow awardees the opportunity to become aware of the most recent, and often unpublished, advances in schizophrenia research, meet internationally distinguished researchers and clinicians, and interact with world authorities working on the frontier of this field.
Each award will include:
- A SIRS member mentor for the meeting
- Invitations to travel award functions throughout the meeting
- A portion of the hotel and/or travel to the meeting site from the country of origin
A committee of senior investigators will select the awardees based on the following application materials required:
- A short statement about the applicant’s career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Supporting letter from the applicant’s Director of Training or Departmental Chair AND proof of Student/Post-Doc status
Awardees are chosen based on scientific accomplishments, need for award, geographic diversity and ethnic diversity.