The mission of the Schizophrenia International Research Society (SIRS) is to bring together researchers from across the world who work on schizophrenia and other related disorders.
- Exchange the latest advances in research and facilitate the applications and these findings to clinical practice.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration in research.
- Promote educational programs to effectively disseminate new research findings related to schizophrenia, both in the scientific community and to the lay public.
- Encourage publication of research.
- Increase the public understanding of the personal, familial and societal impact of schizophrenia.
- Support increased research funding for schizophrenia research around the world.
- Promote the highest scientific and ethical standards in research and its application in clinical psychiatric practice.