Membership in SIRS is limited to those who have a professional interest in research relevant to schizophrenia. All new applicants must submit a curriculum vitae which includes citations for a minimum of two published articles in the field of schizophrenia research.
Student applicants must submit a letter from the student’s immediate supervisor verifying his/her student status in a relevant field. Student/Trainee memberships are available for individuals at any level of training.
Membership in the Schizophrenia International Research Society affords you:
- Member discount on submission for npj: Schizophrenia
- Electronic subscription for Schizophrenia Research
- Electronic subscription for Schizophrenia Bulletin.
Members may purchase a print copy of Schizophrenia Bulletin yearly for $10.00 USD.
- Weekly emails with advanced online publications from npj: Schizophrenia, Schizophrenia Research and Schizophrenia Bulletin
- Reduced registration rates for Society-sponsored meetings
- Committee membership opportunities
- Quarterly newsletters
Annual Membership Fees (January 1 – December 31, Annual)
- Full Member, $145.00 USD
- Student Member, $95.00 USD
- A print copy of Schizophrenia Bulletin, $10.00 USD
Developing Countries Membership Rate
The Developing Countries special membership rate is available to those scientists in countries, defined as low and lower middle income by the World Bank. This enables these scientists, for whom the cost of membership is outside of their means, to access scientific research and colleagues around the world. Please note that to receive the Developing Countries Membership rate, you must have residency in, must be currently living in, and be a citizen of the qualifying country. All three requirements must be met in order to receive the discounted rate.
- Full Member, $29.00 USD
- Student Member, $19.00 USD