Abstract Reviews for Early Career Researchers from Underrepresented Countries
In service of SIRS goal to increase representation in the the society for early career researchers and underrepresented countries, SIRS is now offering the opportunity to have your oral or poster abstract reviewed prior to the poster/oral abstract submission deadline for the 2021 Congress.
Requirements to Have your Abstract Reviewed Prior to Submitting:
- Individuals requesting must presently reside and be employed within a country within the World Bank Country Category groups upper-middle, lower-middle, and low. The World Bank classifies the world’s economies into four income groups — high, upper-middle, lower-middle, and low. They base this assignment on Gross National Income (GNI) per capita (current US$) calculated using the Atlas method. The classification is updated each year on July 1st. Click here to see the countries in groups countries in upper-middle, lower-middle, and low groups.
- Individual requesting must be an early career researcher. The society defines an early career researcher as someone who is less than 40 years of age by April 2021 or within five years post-doc of their terminal degree taking into account career breaks.
The deadline to submit your abstract to be reviewed by a senior researcher is Friday, 27 November. This will allow time for you to receive feedback from the reviewer before submitting in SIRS system by Wednesday, 2 December. If you have already submitted your abstract, you can still update your submission if you would like to participate in this new program.
Instructions to Request Abstract Review:
- You MUST start your oral/poster/early career submission prior to submitting your review request.
- Click the Poster/Oral Submissions button below to start your submission.
- Once your submission is started email email@example.com to request that your abstract be reviewed.
- Please attach your draft abstract and attest that you meet the requirements of being an early career researcher and that you are from an underrepresented countries as defined above in the email request to SIRS.